Mumford & Noah's Friends Forum Index

Mumford & Noah's Friends
For all Mumford & Noah's friends and other folk bands...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ben's Food On The Road

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mumford & Noah's Friends Forum Index -> Mumford & Sons -> Mumford & Sons
Previous topic :: Next topic  
javi

PostPosted: Mon 10 May - 23:15 (2010)    Post subject: Ben's Food On The Road Reply with quote

Food on The Road: Recipe No.2 - Scallops with Chilli foam

Saturday, May 8, 2010
Hello Hello,
The European Tour was amazing. On what a fine continent we live and share. Thank you for everyone's suggestions for places to track down in their local cities. I went to almost all of them. And there wasn't one that let the side down.
I have to say special thanks to Klaartje for taking myself and Ted on an explore of Utrecht, where we shopped at Fishes on Twijnstraat and also at the Bio Organic Supermarket. Also thanks to the chefs at AB in Brussels, we shared a kitchen, they gave me some spare seaweed and even offered me a job in their kitchen! Finally, to Max von Malotki from Eins Live Radio in Germany. 
Max forwarded me this recipe that was thought up by Prophet, but one that Max cooked on his television show apparently and it comes highly recommended. I will be cooking it tomorrow night, but if anyone has any feedback before then, do tell...

Scallops with Chilli Foam
400 G scallop meat without roe
Sea salt and lime juice
Olive oil

The scallop season with some sea salt and then both sides in the hot roasting pan with a little lime juice and finally drizzle.

For the chili-ginger foam
2 tablespoons diced shallots
1 red chili pepper
20g fine diced ginger
½ tablespoon black pepper
½ cup white wine
¼ cup cream
½ tablespoons rice vinegar
40g cold butter

Put the shallots with some olive oil in the pan and fry briefly, add chilli, ginger and pepper. Add the white wine. Then pour in cream and let simmer until the sauce is creamy. Then puree the sauce with a blender, strain through a fine sieve back into the pan and heat again. Finally, throw in the cold butter, and season with salt, pepper and lime juice.
Done.

I will be adding another of my recipes before we go off to America but I figured a European recipe shared after the European tour just made sense.
I hope you are all well. London's cold and rainy, of course, but it's great to spend a bit of time at home with friends and family. Winston and I went to a fantastic Matthew & The Atlas gig the other night in Islington, if you haven't checked them out yet you really must.
Anyway, that's me for now.
Much Love,
B x
Publicité

PostPosted: Mon 10 May - 23:15 (2010)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mumford & Noah's Friends Forum Index -> Mumford & Sons -> Mumford & Sons All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Create own forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation